fishburn

fishburn

Agile Web Development with Rails 7.2: Terminal restart after rbenv install 3.3.5? (Page 9)

(I know the instructions used v3.3.5, but I just grabbed v3.3.6 since it’s the latest.)

After installing rbenv & ruby-build per the instructions (bottom of page 8, top of page 9), I restarted my Terminal. Just a note: I never type exit + Return (as suggested on the page) to quit the terminal. I always use Command+Q, and just click the icon in the dock to relaunch.

I then installed Ruby 3.3.6 with rbenv install 3.3.6, then ran rbenv global 3.3.6. Those were the last two necessary instructions for my set up until I got to the instruction, “Whichever path you take, run the following command to see which version of Ruby you’re working with: ruby -v”. I ran that, expecting to see 3.3.6, but saw 2.6.10p210 (still). It turns out that after rbenv install... and rbenv global..., I needed to restart my terminal again.

Not sure if that goes for everyone, but it might be worth a mention to restart the terminal if the version expected isn’t the version that appears/reports.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
leba0495
Hello! Thanks for the great book. I was attempting the Trie (chap 17) exercises and for number 4 the solution provided for the autocorre...
New
adamwoolhether
When trying to generate the protobuf .go file, I receive this error: Unknown flag: --go_opt libprotoc 3.12.3 MacOS 11.3.1 Googling ...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
oaklandgit
Hi, I completed chapter 6 but am getting the following error when running: thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to load texture: IoError(O...
New
akraut
The markup used to display the uploaded image results in a Phoenix.LiveView.HTMLTokenizer.ParseError error. lib/pento_web/live/product_l...
New
jwandekoken
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below: d...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New

Sub Categories: