dveloper
What coding language for game dev?
Do you guys know what coding launguage I should start with for game dev?
Most Liked
somepeople
you need to decide where you want to launch your game. if it’s a browser, then javascript, if android, then java or kotlin, if PC, then c/c++. you can also use game engines, and then it will be the internal language of the selected engine (more often also common as C# or C++). but using the engine, you will get multi-platform support, and on the other hand, there will be some limitations that are often irrelevant for starting projects
1
Popular Game Dev topics
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
hey there everyone , hope you are all great . i have been a world of warcraft player as long as i can remember and i got this idea of sta...
New
Which operating system should I choose for gaming? I’ve been using Windows since I started, but now I’m wondering about switching to Luni...
New
I published a game with AdMob monetization back in November, and I was making $35 per day. However, two days ago, I received a notificati...
New
Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Well, I have developed a program in C++ to print a man (reference taken from here). On the attached site, I a...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello, I’m a Bachelor Student in Informatics at Ecole Schulz in Geneva. I’m conducting a project on Artificial Intelligence in the Videog...
New
Hello. I am developing a game with Unity. I have a problem that I can’t solve. It doesn’t matter if it is 3D or 2D, the edges of the obje...
New
Hi, so i know that python is a better first language but I read that it’s not mainly used for game development so I wondered if c# was be...
New
Do you guys know what coding launguage I should start with for game dev?
New
Other popular topics
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









