steelx
Looking for C++17/20 GameDev book
Hi,
I’m looking suggestions for learning Game development with C++
preferably, SDL2.
All suggestions are welcomed 
Most Liked
iPaul
C++20 for lazy programmers - is a book that introduces C++20 through game development (using SDL2 for graphics).
4
steelx
thanks folks. hope we keep sharing more such books here, I love all your replies
4
chikega
I recommend this course by Gustavo Pezzi:
Create a 2D Game Engine with C++, SDL & Lua
3
Popular Game Dev topics
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Installed Mac Ports on OSX High Sierra
sudo port install gcc11 libsdl2 openssl glfw libsdl2_gfx libsdl2_image libsdl2_mixer libsdl2_net...
New
For about two weeks we have had the problem that Google / Android are rejecting apps for updates with the following statement:
We found...
New
Which operating system should I choose for gaming? I’ve been using Windows since I started, but now I’m wondering about switching to Luni...
New
I published a game with AdMob monetization back in November, and I was making $35 per day. However, two days ago, I received a notificati...
New
Hello everyone, I am a Student at CSUDH and was wondering about how to become a game developer. I would like to contact a developer and a...
New
Where the protagonist hovers their head towards an item nearby,
and the headturn has a movement limit, so it’s not like 360 degree head ...
New
im working on a game on godot and im using a tutorial to code it
however, one of the code in the tutorial im using only works in godot 4...
New
I have developed an initial plan for a simple and addictive physics game using a new engine I’ve learned. While I can envision various ph...
New
Hi, so i know that python is a better first language but I read that it’s not mainly used for game development so I wondered if c# was be...
New
Other popular topics
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









