ariandanim

ariandanim

WEBPACK alternative in Phoenix Framework?

Hello,
i am facing difficult using webpack when to install within phoenix framework 1.5.7 because the webpack is still version 4.x.x infact the webpack now in version 5.x.x, configuring that is more painfull, i hope there is another alternative package…

Most Liked

jc00ke

jc00ke

Rubinius Core Team

Every few months on one of the Elixir apps I maintain, Webpack would shit the bed and I’d have to spend a day fixing it. I’m not experienced enough with the front-end stack but I took a few hours to switch to Parcel and I’ve had ZERO issues since. This specific app has 2 large Elm components and Parcel handles Elm without any issues.

I have no idea what’s “better” than Parcel, but I was impressed with how simple it was to configure and how stable it’s been.

AstonJ

AstonJ

I wonder if you could write up/blog a quick guide Jesse? I think more and more people prefer simplicity these days, especially when it comes to JS and so could prove helpful to a lot of people (and maybe even convince the Phoenix team to look into it) :blush:

Please also keep us posted on how you get on @dbernheisel! :smiley:

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

The PR contains all necessary information to make the update to webpack 5 :slight_smile:

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

wolf4earth
Serverless has been quite a prevalent topic in our industry in the past few years, and while there are a lot of sceptics, I think it’s sa...
New
DevotionGeo
Some time ago I read somewhere that Rocket will work with stable versions of Rust. The previous version’s changelog says, “Core: Removed...
New
bot
So you want to live-reload Rust - fasterthanli.me. Good morning! It is still 2020, and the world is literally on fire , so I guess we c...
New
New
finner
Just wondering how many devs out there are using Spring Reactive, specifically WebFlux?
New
OvermindDL1
Woooooooo! This is such a huge release for it, and 2 years incoming! In short, the library is now using an updated hyper backend (not j...
New
mafinar
I wrote a blog post! On F#. I usually don’t write things but figured i should try it out, also experimenting with F# and C# lately, love ...
New
DevotionGeo
What do you people do for reading Erlang docs? Is there something like Ruby’s ri? I installed manual pages for Erlang under /usr/local/...
New
mafinar
I’ll be participating. This would be very interesting because I have been having coders block + a lot of distraction this weekend. But l...
New
NKTgLaw
Hi everyone :waving_hand:, I’ve been experimenting with a physics-inspired principle called the NKTg Law of Variable Inertia. It connec...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New