MattSu
Sony PS4 / PS5 Audio Spec
Hi, I’m trying to get some up to date spec for the audio capabilities on PS4/PS5 hardware. i.e. number of channels, whether it has dedicated audio dsp (like the older hardware), what sort of memory is available for audio, what file compression formats are currently used for audio etc. I’m still waiting to access the official Sony dev support, so if anyone can point me to some more information online in the meantime that would be great.
Most Liked
MattSu
Thanks for that a very interesting un down. Sounds like the Tempest system is both software and dedicated hardware then.
From digging around i have found the that PS4 seems to be based on AMD True Audio tech.
1
Popular Game Dev topics
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Probably more of a mid-sized team than small indie, but has gone viral after gameplay footage was released (which they did to attract mor...
New
A new item has been posted:
This thread was posted automatically, if you feel it could be in a better category and are at Trust Level ...
New
Engineering Deep Learning Systems is a practical guide for software engineers and data scientists who are designing and building platform...
New
Hey everyone!
My name is Sam and I represent Legends of Learning - a platform for game based learning in schools, and a marketplace for ...
New
For about two weeks we have had the problem that Google / Android are rejecting apps for updates with the following statement:
We found...
New
ADVENTURES OF NATIA
Natia is the main character of this adventure game. Players have to help him collect mangoes and also need to save h...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
New game engine needs developers. Language is C++ and designs are complete for the project architecture. Anyone wanting to join a gamed...
New
I’ve been studying the mechanics behind Block Blast–style puzzle games, and I’m curious about the best approaches for developing one for ...
New
Other popular topics
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it.
Does your monitor have eye p...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face:
:keyboard:
If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









