ksspeedstar

ksspeedstar

Problem with REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES, in Android

For about two weeks we have had the problem that Google / Android are rejecting apps for updates with the following statement:

We found that your app is not compliant with how REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES permission is allowed to be used. Specifically, the use of the permission is not directly related to the core purpose of the app.

Indeed, some of our apps had included this right in the past, but recent updates (for more than 6 months) no longer. We have checked and confirmed the current status as follows:

  • Manifest controlled
  • Searched all APK and plugins
  • APK details in the store does not show this right either
  • Display of the affected APK using “Sensitive Rights”: all old beta versions which are not active

Unfortunately, all our objections and general support requests (also via other Google areas) are consistently ignored.

It is impossible for us to update our apps. Which is extra critical, especially with regard to requirements regarding newer SDK and billing API in two weeks.

How can we obtain help with the issue?

We’re not a very small publisher, it’s about apps with several hundred thousand installations.

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
ksspeedstar
For about two weeks we have had the problem that Google / Android are rejecting apps for updates with the following statement: We found...
New
mollyerin
Which operating system should I choose for gaming? I’ve been using Windows since I started, but now I’m wondering about switching to Luni...
New
Hipnot
How do I cancel my Fortnite Crew subscription and what happens to my account and previous rewards after I cancel my subscription?
New
HuntzUdwn
Hello everyone, I am a Student at CSUDH and was wondering about how to become a game developer. I would like to contact a developer and a...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
Where the protagonist hovers their head towards an item nearby, and the headturn has a movement limit, so it’s not like 360 degree head ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
SuperGibaLogan
im working on a game on godot and im using a tutorial to code it however, one of the code in the tutorial im using only works in godot 4...
New
lingo1357
I have developed an initial plan for a simple and addictive physics game using a new engine I’ve learned. While I can envision various ph...
New
pixel
I would like to learn unreal engine to make my first game. It is going to be a top down 3d game like 1997 Grand Theft Auto. What would th...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New