conradwt
Real-Time Phoenix - 'wscat' not working on page 32
Hi, I wasn’t able to get wscat working with the code presented in the book. For example, I needed to perform the following to determine what code was needed for Phoenix 1.6:
mix phx.gen.socket User
mix phx.gen.channel Ping
Are there plans to update the PDF/ePub and associated code bundle to support Phoenix 1.6?
First Post!
sb8244
Author of From Ruby to Elixir and Real-Time Phoenix
Total apologies for the delay here.
There are no plans right now to update the book for Phoenix 1.6. Unfortunately the upgrades required (text / code changes) would likely make it a v2 book which would be up to Prag.
Luckily, the number of changes is fairly small in the end. Mostly seems related to the generators + PubSub 2.0 having a different setup. The concepts still apply and all of the functions should work as expected.
Thanks for providing your gen commands here.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
I thought that there might be interest in using the book with Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.7.2. I’ll note what I needed to do differently here.
...
New
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps.
With:
ruby-3.0.0
s...
New
Hi! I know not the intentions behind this narrative when called, on page XI:
mount() |> handle_event() |> render()
but the correc...
New
Hi,
I completed chapter 6 but am getting the following error when running:
thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to load texture: IoError(O...
New
Hi,
I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test.
I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
AWDWR 7, page 152, page 153:
Hello everyone,
I’m a little bit lost on the hotwire part. I didn’t fully understand it.
On page 152 @rub...
New
@mfazio23
Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New
From page 13:
On Python 3.7, you can install the libraries with pip by running these commands inside a Python venv using Visual Studio ...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart:
A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON
When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









