mfaamir

mfaamir

Mysql connect with Android Java?

Dear Sir,

I am a beginner in Android App development and I am currently trying to establish a connection between my Android Studio Java project and my MySQL database. The MySQL database is running perfectly on my computer with XAMPP server, specifically version 5.2.1 (as shown in phpMyAdmin update). The IP address I am using is 192.168.0.101 and the port is set to 3306. I have created a database named “testdb” and a table named “testtb”. The MySQL root user password is null (empty).

However, when I tried to connect using the JDBC connector 5.1.4 in Android Studio Java, I encountered an error. I would greatly appreciate it if you could suggest the best JDBC connector for my MySQL database to establish connectivity with Android Studio Java.

Furthermore, I kindly request you to provide me with the simplest code for establishing connectivity in one screen, specifically for the onclick event.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Most Liked

faust

faust

Hi there, technly speaking you might even be able to do that…
but that’s not recommended for many reasons…

What people usually do is to create a rest webservice that connects to the database and then communicate with it through https.

you can read more about here java - Can we connect remote MySQL database in Android using JDBC? - Stack Overflow

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

Prosper226
Hi guys, I’m trying to do multi ussd with java on android, I can’t do it. I looked at the documentation of telephonyManager on android, ...
New
Aathithyan
I need to know how to implement outgoing call in my custom application instead of using default phone call app i need my own app call.
New
Briannamari
Old android photo name sequence Help decoding file names Example. I want to see if a file name aligns with a time / date in which the p...
New
codergrid
I’m new to Android Studio, and curious about how long you’ve been using your Android Studio IDE. I read on Wikipedia that this year, Andr...
New
Garrett
This is a question about Android Studio. Where is the Android Studio emulator’s camera default apartment 3D model stored in Android Stud...
New
Alan
I need to create an android app to receive contactless payment from my clients. how can I start that? My clients will be phisicaly in the...
New
auroralane7754
Hey developers :waving_hand: I’m currently experimenting with various mobile VPN apps to simulate different network conditions for API t...
New
BobW
I have installed Android Studio Panda 3 and have created a default ‘Empty Activity’ project. When I connect a physical tablet, I can see...
New
deveshpatel-TW
I’m currently experimenting with Android Studio for a project that consists of multiple independent Android Library modules that internal...
New
techrankers
I’m going through android application development and I’m trying to settle on an architecture that will remain maintainable as the projec...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New