CommunityNews

CommunityNews

It’s True, “We” Don’t Care About Accessibility on Linux

What do virtue-signalers and privileged people without disabilities sharing content about accessibility on Linux being trash have in common? They don’t actually really care about the group they’re defending; they just exploit these victims’ unfortunate situation to either fuel hate against groups and projects actually trying to make the world a better place. I never thought I’d be this upset to a point I’d be writing an article about something this sensitive with a clickbait-y title. It’s simultaneously demotivating, unproductive, and infuriating. I’m here writing this post fully knowing that I could have been working on accessibility in GNOME, but really, I’m so tired of having my mood ruined because of privileged people spending at most 5 minutes to write erroneous posts and then pretending to be oblivious when confronted while it takes us 5 months of unpaid work to get a quarter of recognition, let alone acknowledgment, without accounting for the time “wasted” addressing these accusations.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

First poster: bot
Along with other optimizations to benefit the Steam Deck, AMD and Valve have been jointly working on CPU frequency/power scaling improvem...
New
First poster: bot
You know how it is when you take a quick look at a framework for organising your dotfiles, and end up installing and configuring a new Li...
New
First poster: bot
This week in KDE: most of GNOME shell in the Overview effect. This week the new KWin Overview effect gained the ability to shows results...
New
First poster: bot
Wacom Leads the Way with Pens and Tablets for Linux. Wacom devices are being adopted in many Linux enterprise environments beyond the cr...
New
First poster: bot
Linux Man Pages – Dash Dash. Dash Dash sets the linux documentation in a beautiful collection of typefaces to make the technical content...
New
First poster: bot
Has Rakuten made a Rocky-er road for Red Hat?. Tareq Amin says Red Hat’s CentOS decision broke its business model Red Hat’s decision i...
New
CommunityNews
Initial kernel and subsystem support for new Snapdragon 8 Elite Gen 5 posted for review. Learn what’s in the patches and how you can star...
New
CommunityNews
By my count, Linux has over 11% of the desktop market. Here’s how I got that number - and why people are making the leap.
New
CommunityNews
This Buildroot-based basic Linux distribution runs natively on the RP2350’s Hazard3 RISC-V cores — albeit not very quickly.
New
CommunityNews
A system freeze led us deep into Linux spinlock internals, where we helped find not one but three bugs in the kernel’s resilient locking ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New