CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Gnome Turns 25

GNOME at 25: A Health Checkup - Et tu, Cthulhu.
Around the end of 2020, I looked at GNOME’s commit history as a proxy for the project’s overall health. A year and a half went by since then, and it’s time for an update.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

First poster: bot
Raspberry Pi is a little useful computer for learning programming and building projects. It comes with Debian Linux based modified operat...
New
First poster: bot
What a treat it is to review the Framework laptop a few months before I’ll be buying my own. The Framework promises to be a powerful, hi...
New
First poster: KnowledgeIsPower
Switching the Linux graphics stack from GLX to EGL. Hi there! This is a guest post from Robert Mader, who contributed enormous improveme...
New
First poster: bot
Until further notice, use Deck’s built-in KDE desktop to unlock system’s full potential.
New
New
First poster: bot
Symbiote gives remote access to any account. Normal methods don’t detect it.
New
First poster: bot
[CVE-2022-34918] A crack in the Linux firewall. RandoriSec Offensive Security
New
CommunityNews
A review of Nix/NixOS after using it on all my machines for three years. I’ll cover what works, what doesn’t, and why it’s the first OS t...
New
CommunityNews
Incus provides support for two different types of instances: system containers and virtual machines. Incus uses features of the Linux ker...
New
CommunityNews
Welcome to The Core Project - Tiny Core Linux The Core Project is a highly modular based system with community build extensions. It star...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New