CommunityNews

CommunityNews

The Switch To Linux And The Beginning Of My Self-Hosting Journey

How I got into Linux and how that eventually led me to get into self-hosting.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

First poster: bot
Raspberry Pi is a little useful computer for learning programming and building projects. It comes with Debian Linux based modified operat...
New
First poster: bot
Along with other optimizations to benefit the Steam Deck, AMD and Valve have been jointly working on CPU frequency/power scaling improvem...
New
First poster: bot
Plex on NixOS. In this post I describe how I set up Plex on NixOS, including a virtual file system for Backblaze B2 and Nginx for HTTPS.
New
First poster: Mansky
My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour. My 7½ year old learned 4 bash (Linux) commands in one hour
New
New
CommunityNews
My latest love letter to Linux has been published. It’s called Omarchy, and it’s an opinionated setup of the Arch Linux distribution and ...
New
CommunityNews
The Capability Hardware Enhanced RISC Instructions (CHERI) project is a rethinking of computer […]
New
CommunityNews
Welcome to The Core Project - Tiny Core Linux The Core Project is a highly modular based system with community build extensions. It star...
New
CommunityNews
Lots of the CVE world seems to focus on “security bugs” but I’ve found that it is not all that well known exactly how the Linux kernel s...
New
CommunityNews
With the growing number of users jumping from Windows to Linux, I decided to fully take the plunge and dive deep into the Open Source oce...
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New