Dhanen

Dhanen

Help improving and implementing some stuff in Simon Say's game

Hi all. New here.

I tried do it by myself and searching help in forums but no luck… Hope I can found it here in a specialized forum.

My game is a Simon Says stlye, but with Star Wars inspiration. The first Activity is the Game (I am planning add a “welcome/config” Activity before that). You have to play regulary and when you lose, the score is saved in a variable and passed to the next Activity where Vader asks for the name or nickname, which is passed together with the score to put it in the last Activity scrolling text bottom-up with all scores.

What I am trying to implement or change is the animation of the score since 2 - 3 years; I think it will be more cool if it’s an animation with the text going far to the horizon as the opening credits in Star Wars movies.
I found a library that can’t add into Android Studio or I am to newbie/dumb to do it 'cause seems to be deprecated. But if 9 years ago was created, I am sure now still can be done.

My complete code:

What I want to rise (from CreditsRoll, the deprecated library or whatever is, maybe it’s not for Android Studio…):

The library:

All help is very welcome and much appreciated.
And forgive me for my terrible english. It’s my 3rd language.

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

ksspeedstar
For about two weeks we have had the problem that Google / Android are rejecting apps for updates with the following statement: We found...
New
mollyerin
Which operating system should I choose for gaming? I’ve been using Windows since I started, but now I’m wondering about switching to Luni...
New
gulshan212
Hello this is Gulshan Negi Well, I have developed a program in C++ to print a man (reference taken from here). On the attached site, I a...
New
Dhanen
Hi all. New here. I tried do it by myself and searching help in forums but no luck… Hope I can found it here in a specialized forum. My...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
Where the protagonist hovers their head towards an item nearby, and the headturn has a movement limit, so it’s not like 360 degree head ...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
SuperGibaLogan
im working on a game on godot and im using a tutorial to code it however, one of the code in the tutorial im using only works in godot 4...
New
Huzi
I’ve been studying the mechanics behind Block Blast–style puzzle games, and I’m curious about the best approaches for developing one for ...
New
pixel
I would like to learn unreal engine to make my first game. It is going to be a top down 3d game like 1997 Grand Theft Auto. What would th...
New
BlobDev
Hi, so i know that python is a better first language but I read that it’s not mainly used for game development so I wondered if c# was be...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New