CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Get root on macOS 12.3.1: proof-of-concepts for Linus Henze’s CoreTrust and DriverKit bugs (CVE-2022-26766, CVE-2022-26763)

Get root on macOS 12.3.1: proof-of-concepts for Linus Henze’s CoreTrust and DriverKit bugs (CVE-2022-26766, CVE-2022-26763).
Here are two proof-of-concepts for CVE-2022-26766 (CoreTrust allows any root certificate) and CVE-2022-26763 (IOPCIDevice::_MemoryAccess not checking bounds at all), two issues discovered by @LinusHenze and patched in macOS 12.4 / iOS 15.5.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Introduction to Apple Silicon · AsahiLinux/docs Wiki. Hardware and software docs / wiki. Contribute to AsahiLinux/docs development by cr...
New
First poster: bot
Privacy watchdogs in Europe are considering a complaint against Apple made by a former employee, Ashley Gjøvik, who alleges the company f...
New
New
First poster: bot
Introducing Accelerated PyTorch Training on Mac. In collaboration with the Metal engineering team at Apple, we are excited to announce s...
#m1
New
First poster: bot
Inside the dissolution of Apple’s legacy design team. Apple’s design team is legendary. But following the death of Steve Jobs, dysfuncti...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Music has quietly increased the price of its student plan in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. In the United States...
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Apple Says iPhone Usage Data Is Anonymous. New Tests Say: Not True. Your iPhone’s analytics data includes an ID number tied to your name...
New
CommunityNews
The WinRAR Approach: a small change in how I distribute content to keep the content free, sustainable, & ad-free.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New