CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Factorio runs on Apple Silicon

Friday Facts #371 - Apple Silicon | Factorio.
Today, I’m here to share some exciting non-expansion news for our Mac players.

Factorio Runs on Apple Silicon

As of version 1.1.71, Factorio runs natively on Apple Silicon Macs! On these machines, the game should run faster and
use less energy than in previous versions. You can see which binary version you are running in the top-left corner of
the main menu.

x86_64 binary for Intel Macs

arm64 binary for Apple Silicon Macs :partying_face:

This has been a long time coming, but we were never in a good position to implement these improvements… until
now.

Motivation

In February, I traveled from the USA to the Wube offices in Prague for the first time. While waiting in the airport, I
decided to work on Factorio with my Intel Macbook Pro…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Ever since I started learning how to code, I have been fascinated by the level of trust we put in a simple command like this one: pip in...
New
First poster: bot
The game won’t be available on iPhones or other Apple devices until its legal battle with Epic Games ends.
New
New
First poster: Maartz
An Ode to Apple’s Hide My Email. Apple’s Hide My Email feature is one of the most under-rated privacy launches of the past year, and her...
New
First poster: bot
Privacy watchdogs in Europe are considering a complaint against Apple made by a former employee, Ashley Gjøvik, who alleges the company f...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Moving a macOS window by clicking anywhere on it (like on Linux). Today I learned that since macOS High Sierra onwards you can move a wi...
New
First poster: bot
Inside the dissolution of Apple’s legacy design team. Apple’s design team is legendary. But following the death of Steve Jobs, dysfuncti...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s macOS Ventura | 7 New Security Changes to Be Aware Of. With macOS 13, Apple have made some bold and potentially disruptive chang...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Music has quietly increased the price of its student plan in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. In the United States...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - koekeishiya/yabai: A tiling window manager for macOS based on binary space partitioning. A tiling window manager for macOS base...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New