CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Using Nix on macOS

In this post, I’m going to stick with running standard Nix binaries and not use any additional tools (although there are two shell scripts that run Nix tools that I find useful at the end of the post). Nix has a bunch of experimental features (including the nix binary itself and flakes2). The experimental features change so I won’t discuss them at all either.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
The iPhone 12 announcement might be right around the corner. Tech experts predict Apple will reveal this new line of mobile devices durin...
New
First poster: bot
The Apple-Dell deal that could have changed history. It’s been 10 years since the death of Steve Jobs. Michael Dell shares his memories ...
New
First poster: bot
About Apple threat notifications and protecting against state-sponsored attacks. Apple threat notifications are designed to inform and a...
New
New
First poster: bot
The firm’s value more than doubled during the pandemic as people bought more gadgets during lockdowns.
New
New
First poster: bot
Get root on macOS 12.3.1: proof-of-concepts for Linus Henze’s CoreTrust and DriverKit bugs (CVE-2022-26766, CVE-2022-26763). Here are tw...
New
First poster: bot
Guide: Run FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE for ARM64 in QEMU on Apple Silicon Mac (MacBook Pro M1, etc) with HVF acceleration (Hypervisor.framework)...
New
New
CommunityNews
ASIF disk images are new in Tahoe, and promise to be space efficient, as they’re sparse files, and almost as fast as the disk they’re sto...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New