CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Apple's M1 Ultra comes with a 32MB TLB bottleneck

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Woooow, that’s a pretty crazy screwup that the M1 authors did… And it could have easily been fixed it they just made a larger cache like what is actually on modern chips…

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’d personally wait for the M2’s to come out… or M3, by then it should be pretty solid :smiley:

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Yeah I expect the M2’s to have this fixed (wow that sure won’t confuse people with M.2 sockets…) as it would be so trivial to fix (comparatively), lol.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Engineers at Cloudflare and Apple say they’ve developed a new internet protocol that will shore up one of the biggest holes in internet ...
New
New
First poster: bot
Tony Fadell says the virtual reality world risks damaging human interaction and creating toxicity.
New
First poster: bot
The new Air is designed around the M2, and it’s a fresh start for a classic laptop.
New
New
First poster: bot
Steve Jobs negotiates Apple’s deal with Microsoft. Greg, Here is a review of the terms we last discussed, as well as some issues I have ...
New
First poster: bot
Process injection: breaking all macOS security layers with a single vulnerability. If you have created a new macOS app with Xcode 13.2, ...
New
First poster: bot
Report: Apple to Move a Part of its Embedded Cores to RISC-V, Stepping Away from Arm ISA. According to Dylan Patel of SemiAnalysis sourc...
New
First poster: DevotionGeo
The new Mac Pro chip could double or quadruple the power of the M2 Max. Apple’s expected to launch the new Mac Pro next year.
New
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New