vvnurmi
Effective Haskell: Omitted essential code lines (ch. 5, p. 198, pdf, P1.0)
On page 198, when phantom types are introduced, when listing other changes to the code example at hand, also this necessary change (adding the type parameter a) should be mentioned:
users :: [User a]
Without it the code won’t compile. The change is visible a couple pages later in the full final listing, but it’s confusing to the reader (me) that it wasn’t mentioned earlier.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
As per the title, thanks.
New
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295)
(feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”)
I have somet...
New
Hi @Margaret ,
On page VII the book tells us the example and snippets will be all using Elixir version 1.11
But on page 3 almost the en...
New
I ran this command after installing the sample application:
$ cards add do something --owner Brian
And got a file not found error:
Fil...
New
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error:
** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
On page 78 the following code appears:
<%= link_to ‘Destroy’, product,
class: ‘hover:underline’,
method: :delete,
data: { confirm...
New
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113.
Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:
d...
New
@mfazio23
I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the Bas...
New
I got this error when executing the plot files on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with Python 3.10.8 and matplotlib 3.6.1:
programming_ML/code/03_...
New
Other popular topics
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?
If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









