CommunityNews

CommunityNews

How to use Linux vsock for fast VM communication

Discover how to bypass the network stack for Host-to-VM communication using Linux Virtual Sockets (AF_VSOCK). This article details how to use these sockets to build a high-performance gRPC service in C++ that communicates directly over the hypervisor bus, avoiding TCP/IP overhead entirely.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

New
First poster: bot
It’s been a while since last having a hearty BSD benchmark comparison on Phoronix in part due to the latest hardware platforms generally ...
New
First poster: bot
How I manage files from the Linux command line. If you prefer to interact with your system through the terminal, check out my favorite L...
New
First poster: bot
Make Linux look like Star Trek LCARS. That’s one seriously next generation desktop environment right there…
New
New
CommunityNews
For one of my network storage PC builds, I was looking for an alternative to Flatcar Container Linux and tried out NixOS again (after an ...
New
CommunityNews
Attackers can exploit two newly discovered local privilege escalation (LPE) vulnerabilities to gain root privileges on systems running ma...
New
CommunityNews
Incus provides support for two different types of instances: system containers and virtual machines. Incus uses features of the Linux ker...
New
CommunityNews
Discover how to bypass the network stack for Host-to-VM communication using Linux Virtual Sockets (AF_VSOCK). This article details how to...
New
CommunityNews
.. SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0 .. _coding_assistants: AI Coding Assistants ++++++++++++++++++++ This document provides guidance ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New