DeriLULZZ

DeriLULZZ

Had a game idea - what do you think?

Hi to everyone! i recently (not quite) started creating one game with an cool idea, for me at least.

The idea is this:

  • Frogger but in reverse, where you place the cars and cant let frogs reach the end
  • And it is one rouge like, you die, you reset
  • And it is like one tower defense, you get money killing frogs, create cars in roads with money

That is the base of the gameplay, after some time i will add other stuff like:

  • Flying frogs, to kill them you will need to buy one car jetpack to kill them
  • Big frogs, one frog that has a lot of hp but it is slow
  • And these type of stuff

Maybe add some variations like that to the cars too, like one car that shoots, another that generates money, etc.

What do you think of this idea?

(I just wanted to say that i already started creating the project, im just trying to get some opnions)

Most Liked

toon159

toon159

Sounds fun! I want to see a brilliant frog that can evade all cars.

May I playtest your game?

DeriLULZZ

DeriLULZZ

thanks for the comment! meybe one frog that evades all cars can be too strong, but i will se what i can do with that idea. Sure, you can playtest my game, do you want one executable or an web version?

brennan

brennan

Just do it :slight_smile:

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

bot
A new item has been posted: This thread was posted automatically, if you feel it could be in a better category and are at Trust Level ...
New
New
New
Norpoleon
Team JethKo - Knee Deep is a detective adventure with role-playing elements & turn-based combat. What started as a small project tur...
New
RobertRichards
FEI Equestriad World Tour This game is mainly developed to amuse horse racing lovers. What makes this game quite engaging is the realist...
New
Wackytoons_Studio
Please Try Out Our New TPS/FPS With Lots Of Features! Hope U Enjoy!
New
RobertRichards
Stephen Sharer’s Rocket Slide Join Stephen as he launches off the Sharer House slide and rockets into the sky. Fly from Stephen’s home t...
New
tehnewb
Hello everyone! I’ve been developing a 2D game engine since October or something like that and the goal is to just make something simple,...
New
Zatellia
I am currently making a game using UE, and the game is about fighting monsters using modern weapons but not all monsters are able to be k...
New
User_e8vk3npt
Hello, Are there graphics programmers here who use Vulkan, OpenGL, or like to do things bare metal and custom game engines? Check This o...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New