abhimohata
CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert not showing alert window in macOS BigSur
I am intending to show an alert message in macOS through a C++ based application. I am using CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert for the same. Below is the piece of code that I have used to display the alert window which I have written in the .mm file:
CFOptionFlags cfRes;
CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert(0, kCFUserNotificationCautionAlertLevel,
NULL, NULL, NULL,
CFSTR("Message Header"),
CFSTR("Message Body"),
CFSTR("Ok"),
NULL,
NULL,
&cfRes);
The above works fine on Catalina but does not show the alert window in BigSur. Is there anything I am missing ?
Popular Macos topics
When I purchased this Mac it was fast. However some months on and it is noticeably slower now, and where I notice it most is on starting ...
New
I’m not sure if this is a Big Sur issue or whether I’ve just noticed it, but on looking at my hard drive usage it says I have used 465.0...
New
I have a new MacBook Pro which I’m connecting to an external monitor. I know why it is heating but I want to know if anyone having the sa...
New
Since we’re talking about Mac, which of the filesystems should I use on an external hard drive (non-SSD), which I’ll be using with my Mac...
New
Just wasted hours trying to figure out why my Apple Magic keyboard 2 started lagging after the latest macOS upgrade - tried SMC and PRAM ...
New
I am intending to show an alert message in macOS through a C++ based application. I am using CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert for the same....
New
Dear forum,
New on macos. Need to create a .pkg file on the command line. The tooling seems to be pkgbuild(1) and productbuild(1). My pr...
New
I am trying to draw NSPanels on texts of other apps using AXObserverAddNotification with the attribute of kAXValueChangedNotification on ...
New
For my iOS e2e test, sometimes the test is blocked by the Mac pop-up window alert. The possible pop-up as follows:
Java Access Pop-up
...
New
I’m trying to perform library hooking on macOS by using the DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 env-var, I tested it on an old mac I have with ma...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









