BadPistol97
Issue with Accessibility Visible Text Range
I am trying to draw NSPanels on texts of other apps using AXObserverAddNotification with the attribute of kAXValueChangedNotification on an AXTextArea
I need to detect if the text range on that text area is visible on the screen and I use kAXVisibleCharacterRangeAttribute to get the visible text range but it doesn’t include the top bar of the app and gives a range that starts from an index that is not visible.
Thus the panels are drawn on the app’s top bar like this gif when I scroll to bottom
How do I deal with this?
Popular Macos topics
When I purchased this Mac it was fast. However some months on and it is noticeably slower now, and where I notice it most is on starting ...
New
I’m not sure if this is a Big Sur issue or whether I’ve just noticed it, but on looking at my hard drive usage it says I have used 465.0...
New
I have a new MacBook Pro which I’m connecting to an external monitor. I know why it is heating but I want to know if anyone having the sa...
New
Since we’re talking about Mac, which of the filesystems should I use on an external hard drive (non-SSD), which I’ll be using with my Mac...
New
Just wasted hours trying to figure out why my Apple Magic keyboard 2 started lagging after the latest macOS upgrade - tried SMC and PRAM ...
New
I am intending to show an alert message in macOS through a C++ based application. I am using CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert for the same....
New
I’m searching for a tool that can (anonymously) collect crash reports from users of my macOS app (not iOS). Previously I used Fabric whic...
New
I have JAR application ready. i have apple account also. Please give me steps to signed app upload
i try But getting error as below :
A...
New
Dear forum,
New on macos. Need to create a .pkg file on the command line. The tooling seems to be pkgbuild(1) and productbuild(1). My pr...
New
I am trying to draw NSPanels on texts of other apps using AXObserverAddNotification with the attribute of kAXValueChangedNotification on ...
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel










