WillKuo
How to capture the popup window information in the Mac desktop by Apple Script?
For my iOS e2e test, sometimes the test is blocked by the Mac pop-up window alert. The possible pop-up as follows:
- Java Access Pop-up
- Accessibility Pop-up
- SystemProperty Pop-up
- and so on…
In order to fetch the unexpected pop-up dialog window when executing e2e tests. I write a simple Apple script get_popup_windows.scpt as follows:
tell application "System Events"
set allProcesses to processes whose background only is false
-- Log the count of allProcesses
log "Number of processes found: " & (count of allProcesses)
set dialogInfos to {}
repeat with eachProcess in allProcesses
try
tell eachProcess
log "Process Name: " & (name of eachProcess as text)
set allWindows to (windows whose subrole is "AXStandardWindow" or subrole is "AXDialog")
log "Number of allWindows found: " & (count of allWindows)
repeat with eachWindow in allWindows
set uiElements to UI elements of eachWindow
log "eachWindow: " & (name of eachWindow as text)
set the end of dialogInfos to {title:(name of eachWindow as text), processName:(name of eachProcess as text)}
end repeat
end tell
end try
end repeat
end tell
return dialogInfos
However, when I execute the script: osascript get_popup_windows.scpt The result as follows:
Number of processes found: 10
Process Name: Terminal
Number of allWindows found: 1
eachWindow: scripts — osascript get_popup_windows.scpt — 143×41
Process Name: Google Chrome
Number of allWindows found: 1
eachWindow: Gemini - Google Chrome - Will
Process Name: sublime_text
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: Notes
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: Music
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: Finder
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: app_mode_loader
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: Simulator
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: app_mode_loader
Number of allWindows found: 0
Process Name: Script Editor
Number of allWindows found: 0
title:scripts — osascript get_popup_windows.scpt — 143×41, processName:Terminal, title:Gemini - Google Chrome - Will, processName:Google Chrome
=> I cannot fetch the target pop-up window in the Mac desktop. Please guide me if you have any suggestions, thanks.
Popular Macos topics
When I purchased this Mac it was fast. However some months on and it is noticeably slower now, and where I notice it most is on starting ...
New
I’m not sure if this is a Big Sur issue or whether I’ve just noticed it, but on looking at my hard drive usage it says I have used 465.0...
New
I have a new MacBook Pro which I’m connecting to an external monitor. I know why it is heating but I want to know if anyone having the sa...
New
Since we’re talking about Mac, which of the filesystems should I use on an external hard drive (non-SSD), which I’ll be using with my Mac...
New
Just wasted hours trying to figure out why my Apple Magic keyboard 2 started lagging after the latest macOS upgrade - tried SMC and PRAM ...
New
I am intending to show an alert message in macOS through a C++ based application. I am using CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert for the same....
New
Dear forum,
New on macos. Need to create a .pkg file on the command line. The tooling seems to be pkgbuild(1) and productbuild(1). My pr...
New
I am trying to draw NSPanels on texts of other apps using AXObserverAddNotification with the attribute of kAXValueChangedNotification on ...
New
For my iOS e2e test, sometimes the test is blocked by the Mac pop-up window alert. The possible pop-up as follows:
Java Access Pop-up
...
New
I’m trying to perform library hooking on macOS by using the DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 env-var, I tested it on an old mac I have with ma...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown












