AstonJ
macOS Big Sur keyboard lagging issue
Just wasted hours trying to figure out why my Apple Magic keyboard 2 started lagging after the latest macOS upgrade - tried SMC and PRAM resets, multiple reboots, changing stupid spotlight system prefs which seem to have got reset after the upgrade (because mds_stores CPU use was through the roof) all to no avail!!!
Want to know what fixed it?
TURNING THE KEYBOARD OFF AND BACK ON!!!

Posting this up in case it helps some other poor soul!
Popular Macos topics
When I purchased this Mac it was fast. However some months on and it is noticeably slower now, and where I notice it most is on starting ...
New
I’m not sure if this is a Big Sur issue or whether I’ve just noticed it, but on looking at my hard drive usage it says I have used 465.0...
New
I have a new MacBook Pro which I’m connecting to an external monitor. I know why it is heating but I want to know if anyone having the sa...
New
Since we’re talking about Mac, which of the filesystems should I use on an external hard drive (non-SSD), which I’ll be using with my Mac...
New
I am intending to show an alert message in macOS through a C++ based application. I am using CFUserNotificationDisplayAlert for the same....
New
I’m searching for a tool that can (anonymously) collect crash reports from users of my macOS app (not iOS). Previously I used Fabric whic...
New
I have JAR application ready. i have apple account also. Please give me steps to signed app upload
i try But getting error as below :
A...
New
Dear forum,
New on macos. Need to create a .pkg file on the command line. The tooling seems to be pkgbuild(1) and productbuild(1). My pr...
New
I am trying to draw NSPanels on texts of other apps using AXObserverAddNotification with the attribute of kAXValueChangedNotification on ...
New
For my iOS e2e test, sometimes the test is blocked by the Mac pop-up window alert. The possible pop-up as follows:
Java Access Pop-up
...
New
Other popular topics
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









