vipulbhj
Building a Full-Featured Calendar in Phoenix LiveView (recurring events, drag-drop, multi-user)
We built a Google Calendar-style scheduling interface entirely in Phoenix LiveView for a clinic management platform. This post walks through the data model, recurring appointments, overlap validation, multi-user views, drag-and-drop with JS hooks, CSS-based positioning tricks, and performance patterns that kept it fast at scale.
Most Liked
alvinkatojr
This is dope. My liveview is very nasty, but I’m bookmarking this article/link for when I get back to it.
Good work, though. The product looks great!
1
vipulbhj
Glad you liked it, wishing you a lot of fun working with LiveView ![]()
1
jaeyson
Great calendar
LiveView covers most of what we needed, fortunately even now we haven’t thought about adding react in our components.
1
Popular Backend topics
Interested in a blazingly fast type checker with 25 years of investment, delivered on the BEAM? Check out Caramel, an exciting project fr...
New
If you’re interested in Rust this is worth a read :smiley:
Technology from the past come to save the future from itself
Hi
I have be...
New
So you’re enjoying using WebSockets with Elixir’s Phoenix Framework, and you want to send some binary messages. Maybe it’s an audio clip,...
New
Just listening to this now…
Totally agree with @FrancescoC’s and @thompson_si’s comment “learn to learn” :sunglasses:
In our talk we’...
New
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
Post on using UDP multicasting with Elixir to broadcast presence, and listen for peers, on a local network. I have found this approach us...
New
Just a small test with lists in cython.
Considering echosystem, multithreading and ease of use, Julia is a clear winner here.
New
A long time ago, I wrote an article about The Asymmetry of ++, thanks to
Fede Bergero’s findings. Let’s add a few more asymmetries to th...
New
In episode 81 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Digit and Quinn Wilton about the Burrito project. It wraps up Elixir to a single binary, e...
New
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure.
W...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown









