fullstackplus

fullstackplus

Bulding apps data-first with Sinatra

The Ruby ecosystem is rich with tools that make us developers more productive at what we do. Both Rails and Sinatra have been used to build web application proof-of-concepts and prototypes. But which one is better?

In this article, I try to explain why a back-to-basics approach is better suited for the ideation and conceptualization phase and how this ties in with an underrated aspect of software development — the design process.

https://fullstackplus.tech/2023/02/23/data-first-sinatra

Most Liked

Maartz

Maartz

That’s great!

Moreover it seems that the Rack 3 support is handled.

fullstackplus

fullstackplus

Bingo! I’m running rack 2.2.5, I guess it’s time to update.

fullstackplus

fullstackplus

“Sinatra syntax”? There’s no such thing. Sinatra is written in Ruby, so any tool capable of highlighting and autocompleting Ruby will work for a Sinatra app.

Also, the latest commit to the Sinatra repo on Github was made 4 days ago. This is an actively maintained project, and I don’t think that people in charge of it are less cognisant of the “latest ruby conventions” than you are.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

dimitarvp
Apparently he decided to live-stream how he’s going to create a semver library.
New
New
New
First poster: wolf4earth
Understanding Partial Moves in Rust. Partial moves are an interesting but often misunderstood feature of Rust. However, with the right ...
New
First poster: bot
In this post we’re going to be looking at a more advanced use of Gleam’s type system, known as phantom types. Hopefully by the end of thi...
New
First poster: bot
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
First poster: bot
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
ragamuf
Does the world need another How to create a blog article? Maybe not. But then again, creating something out of nothing is what we love....
New
brainlid
In a 2 day spike, I created my own Elixir-based AI Personal Fitness Trainer! The surprising part for me was how useful and helpful I foun...
New
mudasobwa
Peeper is the tiny library to preserve state across GenServer crashes/restarts. Works as an almost drop-in substitute for GenServer, sui...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New