DestyNova
Book-programming-phoenix-liveview:b0.14-errata-p1-131
- p2:
we update a yet another element. Delete "a ". - p11:
you might seeing– s/seeing/see/ - p12:
<imagedata fileref=”images/intro/phoenix-new.png… this fileref seems to be missing a closing double-quote, which breaks the parser and doesn’t insert the image. - p21: The code block in “Handle Events” doesn’t quite match the previous definition, in a trivial way (
{n}vs<%= n %>) - p25:
you should see the actual data that’s sent up to the browser when the user clicks a number– this is worded confusingly. That data is what’s sent //from// the browser to the server when the user clicks a number. - p27:
the time/0 was not re-invoked→the time/0 function - p47:
The :fetch_current_scope_for_user plug runs early in the browser pipeline,– the generator now adds it automatically as the last plug in the browser pipeline. - p48:
Instead of looking up users by tokens in each LiveView, the scope is automatically available:– it’s not though, since we haven’t specified that/wrongrequires an authenticated user in the router yet, so trying to addcurrent_userhere breaks the liveview. Is this just an example rather than a change we should make while following along? - p52:
confirm_user/1– this no longer seems to exist in theAccountsexports, as of Phoenix 1.8.1. - p58:
plug(:put_root_layout,– this appears twice in the snippet, but with Phoenix 1.8.1 it only shows up once, in the browser pipeline. - p70:
we can simplify the WrongLive’s own mount function, so that it looks like this:– this seems to be the exact same definition we had on page 67. - p72:
If a logged in user visits the / route, make them redirect to the /guess route.- It was not obvious how to do this. I searched for a
redirectfunction to use inrouter.ex, but couldn’t find one. The closest wasforwardwhich didn’t seem appropriate. - Instead, I tried adding a second function to
PageController, and referencing that instead of:homein theredirect_if_user_is_authenticatedroute block. It would be good to have some “here’s how you could have done it” sections after the exercises.
- It was not obvious how to do this. I searched for a
- p80:
Notice the significant improvements in Phoenix 1.8’s generator output.– improvements compared to what? In a book written for Phoenix 1.8, it’s likely that almost no readers will remember what the generator output of older versions of Phoenix would look like. - p89:
The Ecto.Changeset.cast/4 function filters the user data we pass into params.–s/params/attrs - p93:
Notice that each of them use the Repo module,=>s/use/uses - p100:
Whenever Catalog.validate_code/1 fails to return the :ok tuple, our code will blow up.– It’sValidator.validate_code/1that can blow our code up this way.Catalog.validate_code/1tries to pattern match on this result, and will throw an error. It never returns an{:ok, ...}tuple toapply_coupon_code/2. - p116:
With just a hand full=>handful - p131:
This tell LiveView–s/tell/tells
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
Running the examples in chapter 5 c under pytest 5.4.1 causes an AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘config’.
In particula...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295)
(feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”)
I have somet...
New
Hello! Thanks for the great book.
I was attempting the Trie (chap 17) exercises and for number 4 the solution provided for the autocorre...
New
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error:
ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
Hi,
I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test.
I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
Other popular topics
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it.
Does your monitor have eye p...
New
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /laravel









