treejamie
Programming Phoenix LiveView - Pg 155 (B14) - error: undefined function simple_form/1
There’s no simple_form/1 in phoenix 1.8
So this code
<div>
<.simple_form
for={@form}
id="promo-form"
phx-change="validate"
phx-submit="save"
>
<.input field={@form[:first_name]} type="text" label="First Name" />
<.input
field={@form[:email]}
type="email"
label="Email"
/>
<:actions>
<.button phx-disable-with="Sending...">Send Promo</.button>
</:actions>
</.simple_form>
</div>
Doesn’t’ work.
Changing simple_form to form gets you halfway to a fix, you also have to remove the actions slot. I’ve not tested in 1.7.* release series but this works in 1.8.
<div>
<.form
for={@form}
id="promo-form"
phx-change="validate"
phx-submit="save"
>
<.input field={@form[:first_name]} type="text" label="First Name" />
<.input
field={@form[:email]}
type="email"
label="Email"
/>
<.button phx-disable-with="Sending...">Send Promo</.button>
</.form>
</div>
edit: a little later on on page 169 simple form is also referenced again as a place to add entry information for the file uploads (which is also in the older <%= style of syntax.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
page 37
ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is);
as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be:
CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
Running the examples in chapter 5 c under pytest 5.4.1 causes an AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘config’.
In particula...
New
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error.
user=> (create-migration "guestbook")
Execution error (Ill...
New
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error:
** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
@mfazio23
I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the Bas...
New
Disclaimer: I hope all of this is accurate, and not the result of some stupid typo I failed to notice. Anyways…
This post comprises 2 is...
New
Other popular topics
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /laravel









