adamaiken89

adamaiken89

Anyone has tried ChatGPT for development?

I tried Poe (the chatbot by discord) and the response was really amazing.
I think at least for now, I can ask to generate the skeleton code for stuff.

Most Liked

TimButterfield

TimButterfield

I am not overly worried yet, especially from what I have read about some of it’s other answers to questions. At least in other areas, it provides answers that appear authoritative, but that are not rooted in reality. For example, if asked about the first book published on a topic, the book it mentions may not even exist. If this is the level of trustworthiness of the answers provided, I certainly would not trust it to provide a solution to a more complex programming challenge. For simple programming tasks that are more easily verified, it may be fine. For something more complete, that verification will also be more complex and, most probably, it would need to be corrected or possibly re-written to work as needed. But, if you need fiction, it seems to be great at that.

harwind

harwind

I do, and it has benefited me most of the time, but it is occasionally unable to function correctly. That is both frightening and interesting.

faust

faust

Other day I couldn’t remember how to write criteria statement, since my chatGPT was opened I asked it, and the answer was good enough.

I have a ambiguous feeling about it, I feel it may help a lot, and at the same time I feel it can pretty much substitute us at some point xD

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

siddhant3030
I’m thinking of buying a monitor that I can rotate to use as a vertical monitor? Also, I want to know if someone is using it for program...
New
jaywengrow
Hello! It’s Jay Wengrow, author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms. My book now has a supplemental website, where ...
New
AstonJ
Want to plug where you work? Here’s your chance! Perhaps you could also mention what kind of stuff you’re working on? :nerd_face:
New
finner
When you are under pressure to deliver you ideally want your Pull Request to be reviewed, approved and merged as quick as possible. So do...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
AstonJ
Hi everyone… I’m so sorry about the delay in getting this thread up, I’ve just been so busy :see_no_evil: Are there any book clubs you’d...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New
chaptuck
I am thinking about getting a fitness tracker of some kind (probably one from Garmin). Have any of you developed your own widgets, watchf...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been watching Prag Dave’s Elixir course and I noticed he uses tree: Tree is a recursive directory listing program that produces a ...
New
Margaret
Hello DevTalk Community! Once again, The Pragmatic Programmers are looking for developers who’d like to help shape the future of our boo...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New