CommunityNews

CommunityNews

You don’t need React for building websites

Here’s what I think: if you are building websites, you don’t need React (in most cases).

I have been building websites for over nine years now. As I get more experienced, I use fewer libraries and frameworks and rely on good old HTML, CSS, and vanilla JavaScript. I think you should consider doing the same.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

AstonJ
Haven’t watched it yet but posting it and bookmarking the thread :nerd_face: TypeScript continues to soar in popularity…
New
New
First poster: bot
The No-Framework Framework: JavaScript Without React Part I. How I improved my programming speed by replacing React with plain JavaScrip...
New
First poster: bot
Because lighter plugins mean lighter sites. https://vanillalist.top/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news ...
New
First poster: bot
Hey! We’re getting really close to releasing React + Vue support for Tailwind UI, so I thought it would be interesting to share some of t...
New
First poster: bot
User-preference based media features, container queries, and media queries for new screen types, such as foldable screens, will enable us...
New
First poster: bot
Here’s what I think: if you are building websites, you don’t need React (in most cases). I have been building websites for over nine yea...
New
AstonJ
I love videos like this and it follows the same theme as @jaeyson’s thread here - I reckon the @ElixirCasts crew should consider experime...
New
AstonJ
I can’t remember who was asking about CSS tuts now… but these just showed up on my YouTube feed and look pretty good/up to date :023:
New
Johannes-Werbrouck
In this article, we’ll make an app more exclusive by requiring an invite to register. Along the way we’ll touch on topics like middleware...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New