CommunityNews

CommunityNews

How I built a telnet chat server with WebAssembly

How I built a telnet chat server in 2021 with WebAssembly.
I love the aesthetics of terminals and I’m not the only one, there is a whole
subreddit dedicated to people sharing their desktops and
showcasing different…

If a client’s process receives some malicious data from the telnet connection and crashes, it will only terminate the existing connection. It can’t access the state of any other Processes. In my first implementation I was often using .unwrap in the code, following Erlang’s let it crash philosophy and knowing that if I see any crashes in the logs I can always later investigate why they happened, but the application should continue running.

Lunatic is a universal runtime for fast , robust and scalable server-side applications. It’s inspired by Erlang and can be used from any language that compiles to WebAssembly. You can read more about the motivation behind Lunatic here.

https://lunatic.solutions/blog/lunatic-chat/

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

New
First poster: bot
PDF documents are a major part of our digital lives and, in an era where we spend most of our time working inside a web browser, enhancin...
New
First poster: bot
Just one year before the first web page went live in 1991, Microsoft began shipping perhaps the most well-known icon font, Wingdings. How...
New
First poster: bot
If you are a long-time React user, you might be wondering for the past few years about when Concurrent Mode/Suspense will ship. The plans...
New
First poster: bot
JavaScript is a great programming language, but thanks to the fact that its initial release was built in only ten days back in 1995, coup...
/js
New
brainlid
In episode 59 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Joel Kemp about his experience introducing Elixir at Spotify. We learn about the concurren...
New
First poster: bot
I first got into web design/development in the late 90s, and only as I type this sentence do I realize how long ago that was. And boy, i...
New
AstonJ
I can’t remember who was asking about CSS tuts now… but these just showed up on my YouTube feed and look pretty good/up to date :023:
New
ragamuf
I wrote a handy little Mix task to automatically register your Stimulus javascript controllers when using esBuild with Phoenix. It is sim...
New
sorentwo
A new article showcasing some of Oban, and Oban Pro’s, distinct agentic workflow abilities.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New