CommunityNews
My First CSS - What I Wish I Knew About CSS When Starting Out As A Frontender
CSS can be hard to grasp when you’re starting out. It can seem like magic wizardry and you can very easily find yourself playing whack-a-mole adjusting one property only to have something else break. It is frustrating, and that was my experience for quite a long time before things suddenly seemed to “click”.
Reflecting back on this time, I think there are a few key concepts that were vital to things finally all making sense and fitting together. These were…
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Frontend topics
Ashley Williams Discusses the Future of WebAssembly at the WebAssembly Summit .
Williams commented on the results of a Twitter poll sh...
New
As crappy as 2020 was, JavaScript as a whole still managed to somehow move forward. As the language itself keeps improving thanks to new ...
New
The world of web animations has become a sprawling jungle of tools and technologies. Libraries like GSAP and Framer Motion and React Spri...
New
When web accessibility comes to mind most people think of just adding an alt text to an image, but there is much more to it! This article...
New
In this article, I will share with you some very useful HTML tips . Enjoy!
** Post will be updated regularly with new tips!*
The loa...
New
What is TCO?
Tail-call optimization (TCO) is a very neat trick that the Elm compiler does to make recursive functions a lot more performa...
New
Let’s build a fully functioning and settable “analog” clock with CSS custom properties and the calc() function. Then we’ll convert it int...
New
I love videos like this and it follows the same theme as @jaeyson’s thread here - I reckon the @ElixirCasts crew should consider experime...
New
TypeScript’s never type is very under-discussed, because it’s not nearly as ubiquitous or inescapable as other types. A TypeScript beginn...
New
I have to admit: as I’ve watched Tailwind enthusiastically adopted by more and more of the frontend community, I’ve remained skeptical. B...
New
Other popular topics
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?
If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /markdown









