shaolang
Testing Elixir: assert_receive throws "no matching message" error (page 85, B6.0)
First iteration that uses Process.sleep/1 works but the stab on using assert_receive doesn’t. I’ve even increased the timeout to 5,000 milliseconds for assert_receive but the test still fails with “no matching message”.
I can’t figure out what’s wrong with the test (for now). By the way, I’m using Mox 1.0 and Elixir 1.11.4.
If I’ve figured out, I’ll report back.
First Post!
shaolang
Okay, I’ve figured out:
- The test should not be in async mode, i.e.,
use ExUnit.Case, async: false. Also, instead of:set_mox_from_context, be explicit and use:set_mox_global(for simpler test body) or useallow/3to grant the sharing (more verbose); refer to Mox — Mox v1.0.0 for more info. - The (test) config file needs to reference the mocked version.
To ensure repeatability, SoggyWaffle.WeatherAPI.Behavior should also be stubbed to make SoggyWaffle.rain?/2 always return true.
HTH.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
This test is broken right out of the box…
— FAIL: TestAgent (7.82s)
agent_test.go:77:
Error Trace: agent_test.go:77
agent_test.go:...
New
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list)
Typo:...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… ...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, vB17.0 (p9)
The create table guestbook syntax suggested doesn’t seem to be accepted ...
New
The test is as follows:
Scenario: Intersecting a scaled sphere with a ray
Given r ← ray(point(0, 0, -5), vector(0, 0, 1))
And s ← sphere...
New
The allprojects block listed on page 245 produces the following error when syncing gradle:
“org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A prob...
New
Modern Front-End Development for Rails - application does not start after run bin/setup (page xviii)
After some hassle, I was able to finally run bin/setup, now I have started the rails server but I get this error message right when I vis...
New
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter:
could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New
Other popular topics
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?
If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









