amagnasco
Test-Driven React 2: eslintignore has been deprecated (page 53)
Hi again! Here’s another change that would update the book for eslint ^8.25.0 (‘flat config’): On page 53, .eslintignore files were deprecated in favor of an ‘ignores’ blob array in the config file.
Resources:
error:
❯ npm run lint
> carousel@0.0.0 lint
> eslint .
(node:13196) ESLintIgnoreWarning: The ".eslintignore" file is no longer supported. Switch to using the "ignores" property in "eslint.config.js": https://eslint.org/docs/latest/use/configure/migration-guide#ignoring-files
(Use `node --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
And here is an example implementation, unmodified from the template except for the ignores key:
// eslint.config.js
import js from '@eslint/js'
import globals from 'globals'
import reactHooks from 'eslint-plugin-react-hooks'
import reactRefresh from 'eslint-plugin-react-refresh'
import tseslint from 'typescript-eslint'
export default tseslint.config(
{
extends: [js.configs.recommended, ...tseslint.configs.recommended],
files: ['**/*.{ts,tsx}'],
languageOptions: {
ecmaVersion: 2020,
globals: globals.browser,
},
plugins: {
'react-hooks': reactHooks,
'react-refresh': reactRefresh,
},
ignores: ['dist/'], // <-- here
rules: {
...reactHooks.configs.recommended.rules,
'react-refresh/only-export-components': [
'warn',
{ allowConstantExport: true },
],
},
},
)
Thanks again for a great book!
First Post!
amagnasco
This would be the eslint update for page 55, in order to correctly get the ‘target=“blank”’ error:
import js from '@eslint/js'
import globals from 'globals'
import reactHooks from 'eslint-plugin-react-hooks'
import reactRefresh from 'eslint-plugin-react-refresh'
import tseslint from 'typescript-eslint'
import react from 'eslint-plugin-react'
export default tseslint.config(
{ ignores: ['dist'] },
{
extends: [
js.configs.recommended,
...tseslint.configs.recommended,
react.configs.flat.recommended,
react.configs.flat["jsx-runtime"]
],
files: ['**/*.{ts,tsx}'],
languageOptions: {
ecmaVersion: 2020,
globals: globals.browser,
},
plugins: {
'react-hooks': reactHooks,
'react-refresh': reactRefresh,
},
rules: {
...reactHooks.configs.recommended.rules,
'react-refresh/only-export-components': [
'warn',
{ allowConstantExport: true },
],
},
ignores: ['dist/']
},
)
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Many tasks_proj/tests directories exist in chapters 2, 3, 5 that have tests that use the custom markers smoke and get, which are not decl...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
Page 28: It implements io.ReaderAt on the store type.
Sorry if it’s a dumb question but was the io.ReaderAt supposed to be io.ReadAt?
...
New
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error:
** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
Hi,
I completed chapter 6 but am getting the following error when running:
thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to load texture: IoError(O...
New
When running the program in chapter 8, “Implementing Combat”, the printout Health before attack was never printed so I assumed something ...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /laravel









