CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Silver Sparrow - new malware found on 30k Macs has security pros stumped

A previously undetected piece of malware found on almost 30,000 Macs worldwide is generating intrigue in security circles, which are still trying to understand precisely what it does and what purpose its self-destruct capability serves…

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
If you’ve been looking for a guide on how to a clean macOS install then you’re in luck! I used to do them religiously every major release...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s Shifting Differentiation. Apple is about the integration of hardware and software, but the balance between the two has shifted o...
New
AstonJ
Just watching now, seems well researched - very interesting actually… He’s a Windows user btw :upside_down_face:
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Safari supports WebGPU experimentally with WSL kernels. I wrote a simple tuner that tries to optimize matrix multiplication. If you have ...
New
CommunityNews
We’re all familiar with the Mac’s startup chime. While it has changed over the years, it has greeted users with its friendly tone for dec...
New
First poster: bot
Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await. Async/await is a high level, stru...
New
First poster: bot
Executive Summary TCC is meant to protect user data from unauthorized access, but weaknesses in its design mean that protections are eas...
New
First poster: bot
This sample code project demonstrates how to install and run macOS virtual machines on Apple Silicon using the Virtualization framework. ...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New