CommunityNews

CommunityNews

My Journey from macOS to FreeBSD

My journey from macOS to FreeBSD.
Personal experience with moving away from Apple’s world.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

AstonJ
If you’ve been looking for a guide on how to a clean macOS install then you’re in luck! I used to do them religiously every major release...
New
First poster: bot
mikelxc/Workarounds-for-ARM-mac. This repository describes how I get most of my configurations work on the new Apple Silicon Mac - mikel...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Silicon M1: A Developer’s Perspective. The excitement around Apple’s new M1 chip is everywhere. I bought a MacBook Air 16GB M1 to ...
New
First poster: bot
We’ll guide you through the process of using Homebrew package manager to install security tools on macOS to exploit vulnerabilities found...
New
First poster: bot
Library Extension helps you find library books, but it doesn’t work on Safari—yet. At WWDC 2020, Apple announced it was going to support...
New
First poster: bot
The release of Apple Silicon-based Macs at the end of last year generated a flurry of news coverage and some surprises at the machine’s p...
New
First poster: bot
1 Background 1.1 Swift TLDR 1.2 What Is ABI Stability and Dynamic Linking 1.3 Swift’s Stable ABI 1.4 Resilience and Library Evolution ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Over the past few years, Apple seems increasingly willing to cooperate with authoritarian governments, uninterested in protecting its own...
New
First poster: bot
Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await. Async/await is a high level, stru...
New
First poster: bot
This sample code project demonstrates how to install and run macOS virtual machines on Apple Silicon using the Virtualization framework. ...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New