CardioLeo

CardioLeo

Seven Web Frameworks in Seven Weeks - Version Conflicts

Title: Name of book: Seven Web Frameworks in Seven Weeks (page 5+)
Example: DataMapper has been discontinued, conflict over json versions
book-seven-web-frameworks-in-seven-weeks web-development ruby sinatra #datamapper

There are several issues I want to raise here briefly.

One is that it seems DataMapper has been discontinued. (Could that be contributing to the difficulty I’ve had getting the code to work?)

Another is that I get an error like the following both with testing the Sinatra code and running the crud application:
“rspec app_test.rb
An error occurred while loading ./app_test.rb.
Failure/Error: raise Gem::ConflictError.new self, conflicts
Gem::ConflictError:
Unable to activate dm-serializer-1.2.2, because json-2.5.1 conflicts with json (~> 1.6)”

I’ve messed around a lot with installing different versions of json, or trying to enable temporarily removing the default (2.5.1) so there won’t be a json conflict - but if there’s a magic trick to it, I don’t know what it is.

When I try to run the crud application I get the following lines (and more, but this is the gist of it):

“ruby app.rb
/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/specification.rb:2236:in raise_if_conflicts': Unable to activate dm-serializer-1.2.2, because json-2.5.1 conflicts with json (~> 1.6) (Gem::ConflictError) from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/specification.rb:1367:in activate’”

I’ve looked at a number of pieces on Stack Overflow and similar resources and am having trouble finding anything that helps - though I’ve tried a variety of tips and suggestions.

Another issue I ran into was that initially I got errors saying that the file sqlite3.h was not found; after a good deal of searching my files, github, stackoverflow, etc., I discovered that if I installed libsqlite3-dev this particular problem went away. This doesn’t appear to have been installed merely through following the steps in the book (presumably the .h file was present or not needed at publishing time).

Any further suggestions would be very welcome. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I’m excited about this book and to be learning about it.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

New
HarryDeveloper
Hi @venkats, It has been mentioned in the description of ‘Supervisory Job’ title that 2 things as mentioned below result in the same eff...
New
rmurray10127
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2) Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell PS C:\Users\r...
New
New
jgchristopher
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ” Excerpt From: Br...
New
Charles
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
brunogirin
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error: tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
bjnord
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New
SlowburnAZ
Getting an error when installing the dependencies at the start of this chapter: could not compile dependency :exla, "mix compile" failed...
New
dachristenson
@mfazio23 Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New

Sub Categories: