CommunityNews

CommunityNews

RETRO: a Modern, Pragmatic Forth

Welcome to RETRO, my personal take on the Forth language. This
is a modern system primarily targetting desktop, mobile, and
servers, though it can also be used on some larger (ARM, MIPS32)
embedded systems.

The language is Forth. It is untyped, uses a stack to pass data
between functions called words, and a dictionary which tracks
the word names and data structures.

But it’s not a traditional Forth. RETRO draws influences from
many sources and takes a unique approach to the language.

RETRO has a large vocabulary of words. Keeping a copy of the
Glossary on hand is highly recommended as you learn to use RETRO.

This book will hopefully help you develop a better understanding
of RETRO and how it works.

http://forth.works/doc.html

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

AstonJ
Which server-side languages are you most interested in right now? Anything new or relatively new that’s caught your eye? Maybe an older l...
New
New
New
First poster: bot
This Python script mimics Babbage’s Difference Engine. In Use this Python script to simulate Babbage’s Difference Engine, Python offered...
New
AstonJ
Just discovered Fika - looks pretty neat! fn sum(a: Int, b: Int) : Float do a + b end I quite like the syntax, though would probably ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
mafinar
I did not add this to a “this weekend I’ll learn” like my few other journals as I am decided on using this in the long term. Last I work...
New
mafinar
I wrote a blog post! On F#. I usually don’t write things but figured i should try it out, also experimenting with F# and C# lately, love ...
New
Cellane
Phoenix 1.6.0 got released last week, with built-in authentication and mailer generators, a whole new HEEx (HTML-aware Embedded Elixir) e...
New
almokhtar
Howdy, folks i have this question about it is ok to learn two different programming languages same time, well my story is i joined a comp...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New