HarryDeveloper

HarryDeveloper

Programming Kotlin - XML Builder output not right (page 265)

The code given in the book for XMLBuilder DLS returns the below output - not the one given in the book:

Eich

Gosling

Matz

The below else part of the toString method -

“”"$indent<$name$attributesValues>
|${children.joinToString("\n") { it.toString(indentation + DEPTH) }}
|$indent</$name>""".trimMargin()

has to be changed a bit, with joinToString taking a prefix of a new line (\n) along with the new line separator, like below -

“”"$indent<$name$attributesValues>
|${children.joinToString("\n")("\n") { it.toString(indentation + DEPTH) }}
|$indent</$name>""".trimMargin()

To get the necessary output:

Eich Gosling Matz

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

First Post!

venkats

venkats

Author of Programming Kotlin, Rediscovering JavaScript (and 6 other titles)

Hi Eich,

Thank you for the note. I apologize, looks like the xml output was suppressed and I am not able to see the output that you are seeing.

I just ran the code and it seems to produced the desired output without the extra argument.

Regards,

Venkat

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

simonpeter
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error. user=&gt; (create-migration "guestbook") Execution error (Ill...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
joepstender
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67) iex&gt; product = %Product{} %Pento....
New
cro
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
patoncrispy
I’m new to Rust and am using this book to learn more as well as to feed my interest in game dev. I’ve just finished the flappy dragon exa...
New
curtosis
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error: ** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
jonmac
The allprojects block listed on page 245 produces the following error when syncing gradle: “org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A prob...
New
dachristenson
@mfazio23 Android Studio will not accept anything I do when trying to use the Transformations class, as described on pp. 140-141. Googl...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File &gt; New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New

Sub Categories: