dhoelzgen
MCP Server for Hex Package versions
I am currently giving Cursor another try to code Elixir apps. Although I am quite happy with how it evolved, I kept getting annoyed by the agent adding outdated packages, which I manually had to set to the latest version from hex.pm.
To solve this, I wrote a tiny MCP server, which allows the editor to retrieve the correct versions before adding packages to the project, and it works quite well:
If you have the same issue and want to give it a try, I deployed it to fly: https://hex-mcp.9elements.com/
Be sure to activate agent mode; at least for me, Cursor seems to ignore this function when in normal chat or composer mode.
Popular Backend topics
Release A powerful web framework written in Nim · planety/prologue.
Prologue: A powerful web framework written in Nim
We are proud to ...
New
Release Introducing rust-gpu v0.1 :dragon: · EmbarkStudios/rust-gpu.
Today, we’re releasing a very early version of rust-gpu - a new pro...
New
IHP is a modern batteries-included haskell web framework, built on top of Haskell and Nix.
We believe that functional programing is the ...
New
A tool for exploring a docker image, layer contents, and discovering ways to shrink the size of your Docker/OCI image.
New
Tarearbol provides a handy helper to work with many similar processes under the supervision of Tarearbol.DynamicManager.
To build a supe...
New
https://makepad.dev/
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
Tarearbol library that eases the dealing with tasks got a massive update.
use Tarearbol.Pool to create worker pools with no boilerplat...
New
Turn (almost) any Python command line program into a full GUI application with one line
New
Md, a library to parse markdown and markdown-like syntaxes, has been released.
Fully-customizable syntax, blazingly fast (5× compared to...
New
Hy guys,
not sure how much I can share without being flagged as self promotion scam but I am working on a backend framework in rust that...
New
Other popular topics
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
poll
poll
Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /markdown










