AstonJ
macOS Big Sur - bugs thread
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread for any unusual bugs we might come across…
First Post!
AstonJ
In System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Contacts
It was showing Terminal and an app called ‘Birthdays’ had access to my contacts. I vaguely remember it asking for access for an app (can’t remember which one now but pretty sure it wasn’t terminal) so just mentioning it here in case anyone finds it’s been given access too…
Popular Macos topics
So it seems that Apple removed the network firewall API a while back and replaced it with another, firewall apps adapted, and come to fin...
New
Apparently Apple is working on new Mac Pros that will be half the size of current Mac Pros…
As part of the transition to Apple Silicon,...
New
Hi there!
I recently bought a new mouse pad (HyperX Fury) and it feels like without mouse pad the magic mouse is working better(smoother...
New
As requested by @DevotionGeo, a thread about Apple’s patent regarding a new reconfigurable keyboard…
Last month, Apple patented a ne...
New
https://twitter.com/patrickwardle/status/1349488392732491776
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source t...
New
Just noticed this after the latest macOS update (11.3.1) - you can now set a low res (non-retina/HiDPR) mode:
Handy if you need a 1:1...
New
I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first...
New
Just upgraded to macOS Monterey (12.1) and finding ‘live text’ quite annoying! If anyone else wants to turn it off here’s how:
System Pr...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Hello, Apple developers!
I want to upload an app to testflight, but I’m having the issue from the picture and I can’t get around it.
Ha...
New
Other popular topics
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /laravel









