AstonJ

AstonJ

macOS users - what are you disappointed about?

I think we need a macOS rants thread - just for those little things that bug us :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Feel free to start dedicated threads for any ‘bigger’ issues, but if you just want to get something off your chest or feel it doesn’t warrant a dedicated thread, you’re welcome to use this one…

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Apple Music

Apple Music has been bugging me for a while, both on macOS and iOS. Right now their search is pretty pants - and Shazam isn’t much better! I often Shazam something but it doesn’t show a link for Apple Music… but then I go to Apple Music and search for the same track and it’s there! Also searching in AM is rubbish too, especially when you combine two artists who have co-released a track.

Sometimes I wonder whether Apple devs actually use their computers tbh - probably out and about enjoying all those billions :rofl: (can’t say I blame them tbh, but they should set up feedback groups).

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Apple Music search is embarrassing! On my Mac often times it doesn’t even pick my search and just shows the “For You” tab contents… :man_facepalming:

Apple Books can’t even remember which book you are reading after it gets restarted in the background (on your phone or tablet). The same happens when I restart the app on my Mac… This is a very amateur and sloppy job.

Safari is awfully slow when showing all tabs or opening a new tab. After a lot of reading many people pinpointed the problem at having a lot of bookmarks, which makes it even worse. What kind of a software, in 2021, with the absurd amount of processing power 95% of all computers have, is going to lag that severely on opening a new tab because you have some meager 5K bookmarks or so? :open_mouth:

iOS / iPadOS Photos periodically rearranges my albums and I have to arrange them back.

iOS / iPadOS is taking ages to check and populate new GMail messages (to be fair, it might be Google’s fault here but still, it works much faster on a Mac).

Also lately my iMac Pro has rebooted by itself twice (last 3 weeks or so), which left a very sour taste in my mouth.


As we discussed lately, they are slipping badly.

Jsdr3398

Jsdr3398

Lack of support bothers me a bit, but it’s alright :smiley:
Big sur is amazing, but since I’m on a hackintosh, I won’t be able to take full advantage of my specs :grimacing:

I can’t write curly brackets with my Windows enhanced keyboard (Swedish Pro layout, help me out MacOS pros!!)

cmd, ctrl and option are weird. Especially on a windows enhanced keyboard :dizzy_face:

Otherwise I can’t really can’t see any other issues with MacOS than those I listed above :sweat_smile:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

OvermindDL1
So it seems that Apple removed the network firewall API a while back and replaced it with another, firewall apps adapted, and come to fin...
New
AstonJ
Just over an hour to go… anyone going to be watching it? New Macs? :nerd_face:
New
New
New
CommunityNews
Over the past decade, a large and opaque industry has been amassing increasing amounts of personal data.1,2 A complex ecosystem of websi...
New
AstonJ
I know it’s generally down to personal preference, but those preferences can be interesting - and perhaps any misconceptions can be clear...
New
AstonJ
Posting this for future reference :grin: Open Automater > New > Quick Action Change Workflow receives current to no input ...
New
AstonJ
This used to be easy - simply drag whatever files you want to onto a Time Machine disk. Now, macOS reserves the entire APFS disk for Time...
New
AstonJ
I almost did last night, but then had a change of heart - might just see what others think or wait for the initial set of bug-fixes first...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New