CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Implementing Matrix Multiplication with WebGPU in Safari

Implementing Matrix Multiplication with WebGPU in Safari

This is a quick overview of how to write a matrix multiplication for Safari leveraging the WebGPU API. This will run on both Macs and iPhones provided WebGPU is enabled.

The benchmarks in this document are done on an M1 chip.

The full code can be found here and a demo here.

https://jott.live/markdown/webgpu_safari

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

iPaul

iPaul

For some HTML5 technologies Safari is like the old IE6, but in 2021.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Really, really add /usr/local/bin to the PATH variable on macOS. In newer macOS custom executables belong in a directory which is not in...
New
First poster: bot
TLDR: Render Disney’s Moana scene in less than 10.000 lines of Swift code. After Walt Disney Animation Studios released the scene descri...
New
First poster: bot
Library Extension helps you find library books, but it doesn’t work on Safari—yet. At WWDC 2020, Apple announced it was going to support...
New
First poster: bot
1 Background 1.1 Swift TLDR 1.2 What Is ABI Stability and Dynamic Linking 1.3 Swift’s Stable ABI 1.4 Resilience and Library Evolution ...
New
First poster: bot
Goals Performance equivalent to C arrays for subscript get/set of non-class element types is the most important performance goal. It sho...
New
Cellane
In the recent forum thread about shells people use, I got asked to elaborate a bit about the shell configuration I’ve been using for the ...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s leaders continue to deny developers of two obvious truths: That our apps provide substantial value to iOS beyond the purchase c...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
Meet Safari 15: redesigned and ready to help people explore the web. Discover how you can approach designing websites and apps for Safari...
New
First poster: bot
I’m a bit of a sustainability nerd. I love the idea of living a life where your carbon footprint is neutral (or negative) and you leave t...
New
First poster: bot
macOS has a wonderful input mechanism where you press and hold a key on your keyboard to display the accent menu. It’s easy to internaliz...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New