CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Design for Safari 15

Meet Safari 15: redesigned and ready to help people explore the web. Discover how you can approach designing websites and apps for Safari, and learn how to incorporate the tab bar in your designs. We’ll also take you through features like Live Text and accessibility best practices, explore the latest updates to CSS and Form Controls, and learn how to use the aspect-ratio property in CSS to create incredible websites.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

You do :smiley:

<meta name="theme-color" content="#4285f4">

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

You should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever design for a specific web browser, design to the spec only!

AstonJ

AstonJ

I think they said it’s been accepted by the W3C so should be standard across browsers :smiley:

While I can see the benefits on mobile devices (to give sites a more native app-like experience) I think I would find it annoying and jarring on a desktop… so really hope we can switch it off :upside_down_face:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

New
AstonJ
Just watching now, seems well researched - very interesting actually… He’s a Windows user btw :upside_down_face:
New
First poster: bot
TLDR: Render Disney’s Moana scene in less than 10.000 lines of Swift code. After Walt Disney Animation Studios released the scene descri...
New
First poster: bot
Fed up with the Mac, I spent six months with a Linux laptop. The grass is not greener on the other side April 02, 2021 — Carlos Fenollosa...
New
CommunityNews
We’re all familiar with the Mac’s startup chime. While it has changed over the years, it has greeted users with its friendly tone for dec...
New
First poster: bot
Swift is about to get its Concurrency features. Their development is going very well, with many proposals actively reviewed and a lot of ...
New
First poster: bot
Doing high-performance 3D rendering on the Web has always been a tricky proposition. WebGL, in its quest for programmer familiarity and ...
New
First poster: bot
Apple Makes OS X Lion and Mountain Lion Free to Download. Apple recently dropped the $19.99 fee for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, making ...
New
First poster: Maartz
Until its recent demise, Internet Explorer was the browser hated most by web developers. Internet Explorer is now a thing of the past, r...
New
First poster: bot
Airyx™ is a new open-source desktop operating system that aims to provide a similar experience and compatibiilty with macOS® on x86-64 sy...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New