CommunityNews
I’ve used DuckDuckGo as my search engine for a year, and here’s what I learned
Sometime in late 2019, I became increasingly more concerned with personal privacy. I’ve never been the type of person to lean into sharing details with companies when I didn’t need to, but I became aware of the ways I was “leaking” data to companies. One of the easiest things I did to help curtail some of the data I was sharing was changing my default web search to DuckDuckGo, and after a year of using it, I wanted to share some of my thoughts on it.
https://9to5mac.com/2021/02/09/duckduckgo/
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Macos topics
Apple’s Shifting Differentiation.
Apple is about the integration of hardware and software, but the balance between the two has shifted o...
New
Why is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast.
Real world experience with the new M1 Macs have started ticking in. They are fast. Real fast. But why? W...
New
How Apple’s rivals plan to catch up with the mighty M1 chip.
Apple Silicon is just getting started yet the initial reaction has been rap...
New
The release of Apple Silicon-based Macs at the end of last year generated a flurry of news coverage and some surprises at the machine’s p...
New
Yesterday, a short Twitter thread by the excellent Jeff Johnson caught my eye. Since he often deletes past tweets, I’ll quote the relevan...
New
After months of silence about Apple’s impressive M1 chip, Intel just clapped back with a carefully crafted takedown of the Arm-based chip...
New
Swift 5.5 is here with Xcode 13 Beta and with it comes my favorite new addition to Swift: Async/Await.
Async/await is a high level, stru...
New
Apple broke up with me :cry:.
Do not get too attached to your Apple account; it belongs to Apple, NOT YOU!
New
The release of M1 Macs marked a turning point for the open-source operating system community on Apple hardware. Now, the whole hardware s...
New
Well my dev environment started to mess up so thought it was time for a clean install - I’ve been meaning to do one for a while anyway. T...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart:
A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON
When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









