techrankers
Best architecture for a production Android app in 2026?
I’m going through android application development and I’m trying to settle on an architecture that will remain maintainable as the project grows.
For a new Android project in 2026, would you recommend a fairly standard approach such as:
- Kotlin
- Jetpack Compose
- MVVM
- ViewModel
- Repository pattern
- Coroutines / Flow
- Room for local data
- Retrofit or another API client
- Hilt for dependency injection
Or are there situations where you’d use a different architecture, particularly for larger applications with multiple modules and a fairly complex backend?
I’m especially interested in how people are handling:
- Modularization
- Offline-first functionality
- State management with Compose
- API and repository layers
- Testing ViewModels and business logic
- Keeping the codebase manageable as the number of features increases
For those who have maintained production Android applications for a few years, what architectural decisions turned out to be worthwhile, and what would you avoid if starting the project again?
Popular Android topics
Hello! I’m learning Android Jetpack compose development from tutorials and documentation by Android developers. And I ran into a problem…...
New
Dear Sir,
I am a beginner in Android App development and I am currently trying to establish a connection between my Android Studio Java ...
New
Honest question, do companies still use Java for their new android apps?
I thought everybody was using Kotlin these days.
New
I’m new to Android Studio, and curious about how long you’ve been using your Android Studio IDE. I read on Wikipedia that this year, Andr...
New
I am trying to implement the PIN entry page using device’s TEE. I have acquired the confidential OEM Documentation. It have some C++ code...
New
My Android Studio emulator is stuck on this loading screen. What’s going on?
New
I have installed Android Studio Panda 3 and have created a default ‘Empty Activity’ project.
When I connect a physical tablet, I can see...
New
Hi folks! :victory_hand: How are you? :slightly_smiling_face: I’m newcommer here. Without useless words I want to ask you the question.
...
New
I’m currently experimenting with Android Studio for a project that consists of multiple independent Android Library modules that internal...
New
I’m creating Hotspot network in Android by
WifiManager.startLocalOnlyHotspot. It register the I/F in NetworkInterfaces but it does not i...
New
Other popular topics
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









