createos

createos

How are you handling the full deployment lifecycle for AI workloads in production?

Curious how other teams are approaching this.

Building an AI app used to mean picking a model and writing product logic. Now it means also picking a hosting provider, wiring up a monitoring tool, and at some point figuring out billing. Three separate systems, each with their own failure modes, each needing maintenance.

The pattern I keep seeing: teams ship something that works in staging, then spend the next month firefighting the infrastructure around it. A monitoring alert lags the actual incident by 10+ minutes. The billing integration breaks when usage spikes. The hosting layer that worked for a prototype can not handle real traffic.

Some specific questions for anyone running AI workloads in production:

  • Are you managing hosting, monitoring, and billing as separate systems or have you consolidated them?

  • If separate, how much engineering time per week goes into keeping those integrations running vs. building the actual product?

  • Have you looked at managed execution layers as an alternative to self-building this stack?

We ran into this problem ourselves while building CreateOS (createos.sh), which ended up being our answer to it. But I am more interested in how others are solving it, or whether the problem is even the same across different team sizes.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Split from a thread about Serverless architectures. Serverless/cloud from Wikipedia: Serverless computing is a cloud computing execut...
New
KnowledgeIsPower
I had written an article about container sand-boxing. Please give comments or feedback, thanks! Sandboxing containers
New
KnowledgeIsPower
I had written an article about Using mcrouter and memcached as caching layer for Thanos Store Please give comment or feedback, thanks!
New
New
avinashmeena
What are the benefits of using Linux hosting for small businesses? How does Linux hosting compare to other hosting solutions in terms of ...
New
akinihsan
I am trying to use following kubernetes ingress service to host dashboard in the server. it doesnt host the administration dashboard. How...
New
akinihsan
Hello Do you use static code analysiss tool on your ci cd pipeline? Which one do u use and what are the benefits for you
New
createos
Curious how other teams are approaching this. Building an AI app used to mean picking a model and writing product logic. Now it means al...
New
anilyadav
Hi everyone, I’m working on a Flutter web application and I’m currently learning more about deployment and server requirements. I’m cons...
New
Amzy31
CharleX WebOS CharleX WebOS makes the web feel like a desktop computer. It allows you to use windows, applications, storage, notes, an...
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New