CommunityNews
Benchmarks: FreeBSD 13 vs. NetBSD 9.2 vs. OpenBSD 7 vs. DragonFlyBSD 6 vs. Linux
It’s been a while since last having a hearty BSD benchmark comparison on Phoronix in part due to the latest hardware platforms generally lagging behind with how well supported they are by the various BSDs. But stemming from a Phoronix Premium supporter recently requesting some fresh BSD benchmarks, here is a look at how DragonFlyBSD 6.0.1, FreeBSD 13.0, NetBSD 9.2, and OpenBSD 7.0 are competing against various Linux distributions like CentOS, Clear Linux, and Ubuntu.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Linux topics
New
4 Linux tools to erase your data.
One of the best ways to keep your data secure is by only writing data to an encrypted hard drive. On a...
New
it is correct to refer to GNU/Linux as GNU/Linux.
You’ve probably seen the “I’d like to interject for a moment” quotation that is freque...
New
Hacking the Linux Kernel in Ada - Part 1 - Linux.com.
For this three part series, we implemented a ‘pedal to the metal’ GPIO driven, fla...
New
Linux Kernel vs DPDK: HTTP Performance Showdown.
A head-to-head performance comparison between the Linux kernel’s network stack, and a k...
New
RISC-V Linux on ESP32.
I’ve been playing with the idea of running linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, t...
New
Has Rakuten made a Rocky-er road for Red Hat?.
Tareq Amin says Red Hat’s CentOS decision broke its business model
Red Hat’s decision i...
New
Recently a colleague mentioned building NixOS images that run unchanged on multiple architectures. Given the past adventures on this blog...
New
Why I’m skipping the new Little Snitch for Linux in favour of my existing, transparent AdGuard Home and OpenSnitch setup.
New
Revive your old PC with Linux in 2026. I tested lightweight distros, zram tuning, SSD upgrades, and browser optimization on a 2014 ThinkP...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









