CommunityNews
A Tale of Running Modern Linux on Hardware from 1997
A Tale of Running Modern Linux on Hardware from 1997 - Sahaj.
I have been interested in retro hardware for a long time. I don’t remember where the idea first came to me but I’ve always been interested in finding out how modern Linux behaves on bare metal old hardware, because quemu lies and is very inaccurate replicating the intricacies of x86 retro hardware. Modern Linux being […]
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Linux topics
What a treat it is to review the Framework laptop a few months before I’ll be buying my own.
The Framework promises to be a powerful, hi...
New
Along with other optimizations to benefit the Steam Deck, AMD and Valve have been jointly working on CPU frequency/power scaling improvem...
New
Symbiote gives remote access to any account. Normal methods don’t detect it.
New
How I manage files from the Linux command line.
If you prefer to interact with your system through the terminal, check out my favorite L...
New
Hard user separation with NixOS.
Setup two encrypted partitions with a shared Nix store
New
Attackers can exploit two newly discovered local privilege escalation (LPE) vulnerabilities to gain root privileges on systems running ma...
New
You’ll be surprised who it ended up merging with
New
One year on Linux, two distros, a few tears, four desktop environments, and zero regrets about leaving Windows.
New
Why I’m skipping the new Little Snitch for Linux in favour of my existing, transparent AdGuard Home and OpenSnitch setup.
New
Revive your old PC with Linux in 2026. I tested lightweight distros, zram tuning, SSD upgrades, and browser optimization on a 2014 ThinkP...
New
Other popular topics
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









