CommunityNews
12 essential Linux commands for beginners
12 essential Linux commands for beginners.
I recommend these commands to anyone who is getting started with Linux.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Linux topics
4 Linux tools to erase your data.
One of the best ways to keep your data secure is by only writing data to an encrypted hard drive. On a...
New
New
Linux Man Pages – Dash Dash.
Dash Dash sets the linux documentation in a beautiful collection of typefaces to make the technical content...
New
An enthusiast turned a Nokia 1680 feature phone into a Linux computer with a working screen and keyboard.
The Nokia 1680 classic is a si...
New
RISC-V Linux on ESP32.
I’ve been playing with the idea of running linux on ESP32 since the first days I’ve met its more robust module, t...
New
Small office routers? FreeBSD machines? Enterprise servers? Chaos infects them all.
New
Linux continues to grow bigger and better. Here’s what’s new and notable in the 6.16 release, plus what you need to know about 6.17.
New
By my count, Linux has over 11% of the desktop market. Here’s how I got that number - and why people are making the leap.
New
:rocket: CachyOS is an Arch Linux-based distribution that offers an easy installation, several customization options to suit every user, ...
New
Revive your old PC with Linux in 2026. I tested lightweight distros, zram tuning, SSD upgrades, and browser optimization on a 2014 ThinkP...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









