CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Finding a VS Code Memory Leak

In 2021 I found a huge memory leak in VS code, totalling around 64 GB when I first saw it, but with no actual limit on how high it could go. I found this leak despite two obstacles that should have…

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Thanks to @foxtrottwist’s and @Tomas’s posts in this thread: Poll: Which code editor do you use? I bought Onivim! :nerd_face: https://on...
New
First poster: davearonson
Welcome to the third part of this series aimed to help you unleash a power never seen on Earth using the Almighty Vim. If you don’t under...
New
ankur
I am thinking of switching to Onivim from VSCode Vim since VSCode Vim supports limited Vim features . Would like to hear from the current...
New
CommunityNews
adobe/brackets. An open source code editor for the web, written in JavaScript, HTML and CSS. - adobe/brackets This thread was posted...
New
CommunityNews
https://vimgifs-544mvq4w0-mraza007.vercel.app/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
CommunityNews
This is neither an in-depth article about advanced vim features nor is it an ideology-inducing primer on why the oh-so-powerful god of ed...
New
DevotionGeo
I installed Github Copilot (VS Code extension) and signed up for the technical preview three days ago. Yesterday I got the invitation, an...
New
AstonJ
Anyone seen Neovide? Looks pretty neat! This is a simple graphical user interface for Neovim (an aggressively refactored and updated Vi...
New
First poster: bot
Here’s my (current) minimal setup: set ai nocp digraph ek hid ru sc vb wmnu noeb noet nosol set bs=2 fo=cqrt ls=2 shm=at tw=72 ww=&l...
New
dqops
If you are making your own formats of YAML files, you may like the article that we wrote showing how to make Visual Studio Code and a few...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New